Thank you for your interest in performing with Sasso & Company in our annual Performance Series!
We are looking for established contemporary and modern dance artists from the Boston community to share an exciting variety of work with new and returning audiences. Sasso & Company aims to further the sense of connectivity in our local dance community through this collaborative performance opportunity.
Following two sold out evenings of Dancing the Distance, Sasso & Company is back to share Deeply Rooted with you!
Deeply Rooted explores the nature of attachment and our visceral reactions to such relationships. In psychology, attachment theory attempts to describe the dynamics of long-term and short-term interpersonal relationships between humans. Moreover, the feeling of security, anxiety, and/or apathy has a direct relationship to how our bodies react to one another. Deeply Rooted deconstructs attachment through movement, gesture, and soulful dance expression.
Sasso & Company invites you to propose a new work or revisit an old work that connects to this theme and, if chosen, share the stage with us in February 2018!
What you need to know:
- Proposed works may not exceed 10 minutes.
- Technical needs should be minimal; basic lights and sound will be available, any props are the responsibility of the artist.
- Each artist will be allotted a tech/dress time slot (TBD).
- Each artist/company will be responsible for selling a total of 10 tickets at $25/ticket to the performance. If tickets are not sold, then the artist/company is responsible for paying the remainder of the ticket cost.
- For any tickets sold above the 10 required, artists will be compensated 25% of the face value of the ticket.
- Deadline to apply: January 15, 2018
Find out more about Sasso & Company.
When: Friday, February 23 or Saturday, February 24, 2018*
Doors open at 7:30pm, show begins at 8pm
— Tech date and time TBD
Where: The Dance Complex; Cambridge, MA
*Artists will be invited to perform on one of these dates; preferences taken into consideration on our application form
How to apply?
Please fill out this form by January 15th, 2018 to be considered. For questions, please contact Artistic Director, Lacey Sasso: email@example.com
Leave a Reply